Saturday, July 31, 2010

Have you ever gotten really good advice from your kids?

You've heard me say Puddles are for Jumping. No kidding I first heard that from my son when he was 2. I changed my whole way of thinking after that. What's yours?Have you ever gotten really good advice from your kids?
I was with my 7 year old and we were walking home from my moms and we passed some pretty flowers and Madison asked if we could stop and smell them. I said ';We're in a hurry honey, we'll come back by tomarrow'; and she innocently said ';But mommy, they might be gone tomarrow';





We stopped and smelled them and I took that saying to heart : )Have you ever gotten really good advice from your kids?
my 18 month old, after tripping and falling in the living room, rolled completely flat on the floor with her arms spread and her legs spread completely dramatic and said ';gosh';. and just started laughing, got up and walked away.


laugh at your own mistakes... then get back on your feet and go...
Yes. When my oldest was in preschool, they were learning about saving the planet. She came home and asked what type of cleaning supplies do we use. I told her and she looked at me and said ';Mommy, why are you killing our planet?'; That was 6 years ago and I've been green ever since.
I usually say please and thank you when asking my son to do something, however when I get in rush I forget sometimes. He will always call me on it to, he will say ';You know a please and thank wouldn't hurt now and then.';
My niece's school was telling them about cigarrettes and stuff like that (she is in the 1st grade). When I was smoking she goes ';Aunt Corky why do you smoke? It makes your heart beat a lot slower and you could die,';. Damn school system. lol
GO TO MY QUESTION IF U CANT FIND IT TYPE SAMARIA AVILA AND ITS THE FIRST 1 HURRY I NEED THE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!…





!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!…
when i complimented our 8-year-old on something lately he looked at me very seriously and told me ';if you act like you're confident, you can do anything.';
Just last night from my 4 y/o......';Tetnitly [technically] it is good for you because it has milk in it.';


Hey, works for me.
When I get really stressed out my son (almost 8) says just breathe mom things will be okay. That makes take a minute to slow down a little every time.
Lexi told me (after firmly telling her to STOP picking on her brother), ';Mommy when you talk mean you hurt my feelings. If you talk nice, that makes me wanna be nice too';.





Ouch.
My son told me when he was 6 years old that the most important thing in life is family.
DS told me a few weeks ago to, ';Make good choices, Mommy.'; Point well taken.
My SON gives Me Great Advice.. He's the Mature one in Our FAMILY....
My 9 yr old tacked a note up on my bulletin board at work 'work hard for money'. That was it. Pretty succinct.
recently my 7 year old found out that our Nanny is not a Christian, she is a budhist, I knew this when I hired her but I didn't thing it would ever come up, I mean really the woman barely speaks English as it is. Last night my son came to me and said ';mom, Mi (our nanny) is going to hell, she is godless and spiritually dead we should fire her at once.'; I'm so proud that he recognizes sin when he sees it, and at just 7 years old.





god love him!
When my humans first got me that talked about eating me, they laughed and said i'd taste like chicken, they were bad bad people! But one of their little offspring said ';note eat da weeittle bunny she cute and she is a bunny note a ficken.'; he was only 2 years old and so so wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment