Saturday, July 31, 2010

Both my parents have died any advice on how to cope?

My step-father murdered my mother then shot himself recently,leaving me with their house,pets,vehicles,bills and many unanswered questions.They both were in their 50's he had terminal cancer and she was in relative good health(compared to him).I would really like some advice on how to cope with this.Both my parents have died any advice on how to cope?
oh my god. im so sorry about what happened to you. how old are you by the way? anyway, i think you should go to your closest relatives and talk to them, just talk to them and they will give you comfort and be with you in the hard times(basically now). you should go to church/pray to god often so that he would guide you in this storm you're facing right now. don't lose hope, God doesn't give challenges that we cannot overcome. Pray to God for the salvation of your mother, and also the step dad so that they may rest in peace. I also suggest that you take care of the money that is there right now, left by them becuz you need to be thrifty. don't buy anything if it's unneccesary and just study harder. if you can't cope with it, go to counseling/recollection. i hope you will pass this storm youre taking.


Godbless! :)Both my parents have died any advice on how to cope?
My mum went through the same thing a couple of years ago when her mother died and her dad had passed away. she coped by choosing one night and letting it all out by looking at their pictures or at old cards sent from them. then just try and remember the good times you spent together and smile because they want you to be happy and have a good life.
First of all God is your strength...second I am sorry for your loss.


The pets..house..cars...should be yours...but not the bills...unless you signed for them...get a lawyer.





Keep your head high and remember the good memories of both of them...he truly was a sick man..don't let ';his'; sickness of what he did destroy you inside.


always remember when you are down that your mother was there for you..and you for her.
You didn't say anything about any kind of religious affiliation, however, I do want to mention how helpful a church can be. If you get involved somewhere, there are entire churches that will come together to support you and what you are going through. I say this because I went through something very difficult in my life, and decided to join a church and it was sooooo helpful. I'm so sorry this happened to you, and I sincerely hope you get the support you need. Online friends help too!
consult a therapist because this is the only way your going to be able to deal with what your going through and you have my deepest sympathy

No comments:

Post a Comment