Saturday, July 31, 2010

Can you give me some good advice on passing a driving test?

I feel REALLY embarassed for asking this cause I am 23 and I just learned how to drive last year or so. I failed the behind the wheel all three times, the last time wasn't so bad...I just got a bit too close to a double parked car while I was trying to signal and go around it. And now I have put it off for a year because I guess I am not a real confident person in driving. I just fear I do not have the skills so I just gave up on it. Do you think it is bad if a person does not drive at all? People keep saying to me, ';When are you going to drive?/When are you going to get a car?'; So much pressure! I never got the opportunity to learn how to drive when I was younger...maybe that would have helped? I don't know. My teacher thinks I am good when I am not taking the test...but when I see the strict DMV person.. I just freeze and my heart starts pounding like crazy. I am intimidated by them because I have been told they are really mean so maybe that is the reason why I keep freaking out.Can you give me some good advice on passing a driving test?
Just put it into perspective.


If you want to be able to leave the DMV with a license, then you WILL pass the test. If you are not ready to become a full-time driver, you will not.


Once you are completely ready to put your foot in the door/ bite the bullet/ face your fears/ whatever you'd like to call it, you will do anything you can to get that card. You will practice as much as you can. You will show your instructor you mean business. And, one day, you will pass. I failed two times too. It is not that hard as long as no unusual circumstances pop up. Just remember, if they say you are not ready, then maybe you need more practice. I can't believe how many times I come to an unfamiliar intersection and am completely confused about what to do and I have been driving for almost 20 years. Getting onto a highway from a ramp can be abrupt. People refuse to follow the rules on the road and you have to be 110% ready to gauge their next move or dodge out of the way of a hazardous situation...either by slowing down or by avoiding it. The road is not always a pleasant place!


Hopefully, you have a mother (or someone else you drive with often) who is an excellent driver, like mine, so you have a good example to follow.Can you give me some good advice on passing a driving test?
Dont go back until you are ready. You do not want to be nervous and have an accident. When you are ready, realize the only bad thing that will happen is that you will not get the license. It is not the end of the world. I applaud you for trying and trying again. Don't let pressure get to you. Get some practice in with someone that has patience with you. Go out during a not so busy time of the day.


Good Luck and Stay Safe
practice and study.
I failed my frist driving test too, I was 19 and getting ready to start college. Relex, and do excately what they tell you, and dont touch your face or take your hands off the wheel, unless told to use a hand signal. You will do fine, please try again.
Study !
Just keep practicing. It took me 3 tries to get my license but it was because of stupid drivers that screwed me over and the fact that I was nervous. Go driving with someone that you trust and just keep on doing it until you know that you are 110% sure. I feel your pain but in the end it's all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment