Thursday, July 29, 2010

What advice would you give to a novice director (of theatre or film)?

I am taking an advance directing class for theatre but I feel I still have a long ways to go in improving my directing skills.I am taking this class to fulfill my theatre minor requirements.Also since I am a Communications major with an emphasis in film, I hope to direct a few films. What are the common mistakes that bad directors make and how can I improve from that?What advice would you give to a novice director (of theatre or film)?
';Compromised'; its the common mistake every beginners do,.





don't get compromised with a shot in the shooting spot still u get it exactly u wanted.





don't get compromised with editing still u get it perfect.





don't get compromised with dubbing and rerecording still u get the rite expression on score and dialogues.What advice would you give to a novice director (of theatre or film)?
From what I've seen bad directors are usually insecure, fail to recognize their own weaknesses (and strengths for that matter) and fail to surround themselves with knowledgeable and talented people. They also fail to listen to their cast and crew. Even though a final decision may lie with you it does not mean that you don't listen to those around you. Which is why you should surround yourself with the best people possible. Being a director does not mean being a dictator but it does mean being a leader.
I think having a great deal of organization skills are required as much as creative ones. When it gets down to actually producing a script that has been broken down into little segments takes a lot of time. Lighting must be set for each scene, and each scene is not shot in order. I don't know if this will help but these articles may give you a better idea of what a director does.





Making Films and Videos: Advanced Strategies


http://www.associatedcontent.com/article…





How to Become a Movie Director


http://www.associatedcontent.com/article…





Television and Video Location Production Careers: The Director's Role


http://www.associatedcontent.com/article…





Hope this helps. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment