Thursday, July 29, 2010

I am not that good at chemistry could anyone who is a genius at chemistry give me any advice?

People in particular who have achived A* grades in As chemistry. I have revised but when see the questions I crumble any tips would useful for help during the exam.I am not that good at chemistry could anyone who is a genius at chemistry give me any advice?
I would agree with JOhn M. I always do the questions I know first. In an exam it is easy to get stressed out and spend far to long trying to answer a question you don't know and then not have time to do the ones that you do know.





Also, often there is a question that might require you to produce a graph/diagram. I always look at how many marks these are worth, if they are only worth a few but the diagram will take you a lojng time, then leave it till last.I am not that good at chemistry could anyone who is a genius at chemistry give me any advice?
Although somehow I got an A* at GCSE Chemistry and am now doing it for A-Level, I don't think I'm a genius at the subject lol but I know exactly how you feel.


From hindsight and what you are saying, I think the best thing would be to get hold of all the papers you can for your board and go through them all really thoroughly. If you've learnt everything, you just now need to polish your exam tips and try and learn the mark schemes especially for the long answer questions. Once you've got used to them, try and do them under timed/exam conditions so when you're put under pressure in the exam, it won't be a shock.


Finally, one of the keys to success is believing in yourself. Try not to assume that a question is impossible. Just take a moment, breathe and the answer will come to you.


Hope this helps and good luck for your exams! Remember its all worth it in the end! :)
Browse through the entire exam before starting to answer any questions. Identify the questions you know and answer those first.





Once that's done, stay calm and don't panic. Re-read the questions you didn't answer on the first pass. Identify what the question is asking. Instead of concentrating on what you don't know, focus on what you do know and how it applies to the problem you are working on. Chances are that if you can get started correctly, then things will fall into place. Even if you aren't 100% correct, you will probably qualify for partial credit.





Don't cram for the test - you won't remember anything that way.





These things helped me during exams. Good luck!
Do not lose your self-confidence.





when you enter the examination hall assume that you are the topper.





when you see the paper and you do not know some question then do not think that i am not the topper but think if the topper could not do this question what would be the condition of the other students.

No comments:

Post a Comment