Saturday, July 31, 2010

What is one piece of advice you wished someone had given to you before?

Mine would be: think before you speak!What is one piece of advice you wished someone had given to you before?
I wish my parents would've kept their mouths shut. They praised me constantly for being smart, and efficient, and talented. They had a 'piece of advice' for absolutely everything I did because of it. I felt like a failure by the time I was in 6th grade because I hadn't been able to maintain that idea they had of me, when all I did was get my first ';c'; on a math test. Now, at nearly 20 years old, with every single decision I make I can hear my parents telling me that I need to be the best because I am capable. I sabotaged myself for not being able to keep up with my own ';capabilities.';





If I am not getting perfect grades, if I am not number 1 in my class, I am not doing as well as I am able to, than it is not worth it.





I like to call it a lazy perfectionism complex.





I am not blaming my parents for my failing myself, that was my doing, but it would've been a lot easier had they not praised me to high heaven when I was in kindergarten.





Luckily, I don't want children. I would screw them up royally.What is one piece of advice you wished someone had given to you before?
not to worry and care what people are thinking about you.





I spent so many years of my life stressing over what people were thinking of me that it made me lack so much confidence and I had very low self-esteem.





I've now learnt that there's no point wasting time caring what strangers are thinking or saying about me, because chances are, they're probably not thinking anything and probably don't even care!
Take each breath as if it is to be your last, live each moment to it's fullest, speak each word as a final thought. Life's to short to take things back.
mine would be:you are remembered %26amp; judged for the bad things you do,good things are too easily forgotten.
Im 22 and have no savings. I will teach my children the importance of saving money. I wish my mum had done the same with me.
Dont leave really hot hair straighteners on the floor :(


Cos i just trod on them :(
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.
being angry with your boss is no reason to quit your job.
A chance.
Never get a loan.

No comments:

Post a Comment