Saturday, July 31, 2010

When I go out drinking I always end up texting inappropriate people. I need advice on how to stop?

I have done everything---erased numbers, given my phone to a friend, left the phone at home, but nothing seems to work. Somehow I always seem to say something I regret. I understand that drinking is at the root of this problem, but its unlikely I'll stop going out on the weekends. Does anyone have advice? Anything that has worked for them?When I go out drinking I always end up texting inappropriate people. I need advice on how to stop?
THe best advice I have is don't drink so much....it makes ppl do stupid things. When I go out drinking I always end up texting inappropriate people. I need advice on how to stop?
well you solved it but i guess you don't want to put action to it!


the root of your problem is how it will be solved! you tried everything else!





maybe don't get drunk!


maybe learn to control your drinking habits!


maybe only go out for 1 or 2 tops!


stop carrying money (don't matter if your a girl you get free drinks anyway) at least i did!





if it is unlikely you stop going of drinking on the weekends then it's unlikely you texting someone something appropriate.


sucks!


try going out on a weekend but don't drink!


Wow that way you can have your cake but no ice cream but you get what you truly want


and that is


to learn to control your drunkenness texting or dialing! or at least making it look appropriate...





or is your goal not to have others call you out on that???





I would re think what you really want!



LOL!


I have a friend who does the same thing,and i myself have. I woke up one morning and looked at my phone and thought OMG what the heck was I thinking!!!


Look at the reason why you are doing it? Is it because youre lonely? or looking for attention? Its not a good feeling when you break it down, that just because you're out, and drinking others arent. And not that you are purposely being rude, its the booze that clouds your judgement.


But just think how would you feel if after your night of drinking, you take someone home and your phone is getting blown up? Its only funny for a minute.


Tell yourself before the next time you go out boozing that you are going to be more mature and responsible and just dont do it!!
haha that's so funny that you asked this question because I do the same thing when I drink... except I drunk dial.





One day when I woke up from a night of drinking, I had outgoing calls to my dentist.. my hairdresser.. and my boss.





LOL.





Advice? Well the other asnwers seemed good. I guess warning people would be the best, but honestly before you start drinking, put your mind set somewhere else besides the phone. Think about someone you like, or something you like to do.


Or maybe try drinking a different alcohol. What do you usually drink? Switch it up, because I know certain alcohol's have a specific affect on me... like when I drink vodka I get angry.
maybe you should warn people before you go out or avoid getting too drunk. If you continue to do things without learning from your mistakes it will continue to happen until you choose to make the difference.
Leave the phone at home when you go out and you know your going to drink. If you need to reach someone in an emergency, there is a phone not far off I'm sure.
I think leaving the phone alone is the root of the problem. Drinking #2
Maybe you need to stop drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment