Saturday, July 31, 2010

Does anyone with twins have any advice for me?

I am 21 1/2 weeks pregnant and just found out I am with twins. I already have a 31/2 yr old boy and a 18 month old girl. Does anyone out there have any advice for me? What do I have to do now bein pregnant with twins that i didn't have to with just one? Does that make sense? Thanks for helping!Does anyone with twins have any advice for me?
Well, you're a bit ahead of the game, if you ask me. You have the experience and I think this makes having twins relatively easier. I had a two year old when my twins were born.





As far as pregnancy goes, there is an elevated risk of pre-term labor. You should speak to your doctor about this if you haven鈥榯 already. Just be sure to listen to your body, go with your instincts, and don鈥榯 hesitate to call your doctor if something doesn鈥榯 feel right.





I think the biggest adjustment when dealing with newborn twins is the time it will take to care for them. Everything is doubled, diaper changing, feeding, bathing, etc. I felt much more sleep deprived in the early months with twins than with my singleton. Breastfeeding was more challenging, but doable. Routine was extremely important as far as nap and feeding times. You will likely find the need to be more organized and on a schedule with twins than with your singles.





Hope this helps. Congrats and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment