Sunday, July 25, 2010

What's some info/advice you can give me about being in a relationship with someone who has bi-polar?

I'm asking because there's this guy in my life and I don't know where things are going to lead with him. Nothing might come out of it but then again we might start dating. He has bi-polar. He's 100% non-violent and from what I've noticed when I'm around him he doesn't seem to really get depressed but he sometimes talks fast and seems to have too much energy. Is his being bi-polar an automatic deal breaker as far as having a potentially healthy relationship? Thanks!What's some info/advice you can give me about being in a relationship with someone who has bi-polar?
I have bipolar I disorder and I am in a healthy marriage for 2 years going on 3. As long as he's on medication and going to his doctor or therapy appointments every month you should have no problem with him. Find out what type I or II. You can have a healthy relationship with him if you decide to date him. Give it time though, you may see more about his bipolar disorder as time progresses. Once you see him going through spacing out or hallucinations then you may change your mind, but if you love him, you'll understand. It's best right now for you to be educated on the disorder.


You can also read my testimony on bipolar I on myspace.


Go to http://www.myspace.com/thehealinghug.





If it helps start going to support classes with him.


Good Luck and God Bless You and your family.What's some info/advice you can give me about being in a relationship with someone who has bi-polar?
I read your questions and some answers and see once again, myth blinding reality...





People who have bipolar disorder don't change on a dime, the mood change takes place over a period of time, however, the manic phase and depressed phase can impede on his and your life..is he diagnosed? Does he take medication? It sounds like he is in a manic phase, the only way to see how it goes is to see how it goes, he could manage his symptoms well, or not, only he would know..but no to me it isn't adeal breaker nor, the women I have dated...
If he is able to tolerate his meds ';daily'; and doesn't say he feels like a ';zombie'; on them, you have a chance. But note this, these people are mercurial and can turn on a dime, and become a menace (harsh word - I know) and bham! - Keep it as a friendship, but don't go any further.
He ';IS'; Bipolar not ';has';.


I talk fast so does that make me bipolar?


No.





Asking us weither its a deal breaker won't help you.


Ask yourself that question.


Does it bother you?

No comments:

Post a Comment