Thursday, August 19, 2010

I'm flying for the first time and to be honest I'm a little hesitant, any advice or warnings?

I'm flying for the first time and it is to London, England with one of my teachers and some of my classmates from school. I have heard bad things about planes and I really dread the flight. I need suggestions, tips, and anything else that will calm me down and ease my mind!


THANKS!I'm flying for the first time and to be honest I'm a little hesitant, any advice or warnings?
I was 15 the first time I flew on an airplane and it was AWESOME! I've done it many times since, and the best advice I can give you for a long flight is to bring stuff to keep you occupied. A lot of flights anymore have personal TV screens and let you choose what movie/music video/tv channel you want to watch. Other ones have larger screens and you can watch the in-flight movie, whatever that happens to be. Bring some stuff to read, if you like to read. Bring music to listen to, maybe even a pen/pencil and some paper to doodle/draw/write if you like to do that.





Take off and landing can be bumpy sometimes, and sometimes there is air turbulence, but flying on an airplane is statistically WAY safer than riding in a car---there are a lot fewer airplane accidents than car accidents. Stay cool, calm, and bring stuff to do, and you'll be fine. If you're lucky, you may even be able to catch a nap in there!I'm flying for the first time and to be honest I'm a little hesitant, any advice or warnings?
Welcome to the world of flying!!


As pointed out earlier you ahve nothing to be afraid of, I mean statistically speaking you are more likely to have something bad happen to you on the way to school than you are on a plane.


Great advice so far from others, also inform the flight attendant that you are new and they will make an extra effort to make your flight more pleasurable.


If you can, try to plan it so you sleep most of the flight. I suggest taking tylenol PM tablets when you get on board. They will help you sleep easier.


Bring something to do and music is always a great way to pass the time. Best of Luck!!!!
Trust me, you have nothing to fear. You're going to have a blast of an adventure, I promise you. Riding on an airplane isn't really that much different than riding on a train or in the car for several hours. For that long a flight, make sure you bring some snacks and a great book. You may want to try to take a nap, too, so grab one of the pillows and blankets out of the overhead compartments as you head back to your seat. An Ipod is great to have, although you want to be sure you have enough battery to last you across the ocean.





Have a WONDERFUL trip!
I feel ya, I ever have really liked flying. I beat my fears and flew for the first time this summer to Vegas. I advise that you take an MP3 player and practice deep breathing for when you hit turbulence. (plane shakes)





If you research air flight, you will understand that the wings glide on air, and as long as there is air and you are in a vehicle with wings, you will remain in the air. Once you look at the plane in the terminal you will see that it is a well-crafter flight machine that is made to fly. Once you get inside, you will see that it is much like a bus that flies and once you start crusing, you will be happy to see the world from above on your way.





I tell you, once you land there and land on your return you will never be happier that you were able to challenge yourself to fly. Just understand that turbulence is a part of air flight and liken it to driving on a freeway and hitting road bumps.





Also, if you're over 21, definitely have a cocktail or two. This did the trick for me. Have a great flight!
take some music to play because airlines dont have very good choice for music, bring gumk to help equalize your ears after take off, bring some snacks if u get hungry quick because food is sometimes not served right when uyour hungry. flying is the safest form of travel today you are more likly to die on the way to the airport than when your on the plane.
the bad things you heard about plane is nothing compared to the experience of flying on a plane. this is your first time and you should feel the excitement that you will be on a giant aircraft made by man and will be taking you to one of the great country to visit. think of the food that they serve onboard and enjoy it. have a safe flight.
Bring gum and an MP3 player...the gum eases ear popping and the music relaxes the mind and body.

No comments:

Post a Comment