Saturday, August 21, 2010

My baby is still breech and I will be going into my 36th wk next wk, any advice?

Per my doctor, I have been doing a floor exercise(laying flat on floor with knees bent %26amp; butt raised on pillows, twice a day for 10 mins) since I was 26 wks, when the baby was breech then and still no turning. It isn't working, any suggestions before I have to decide on the ECV? I am a little afraid to do the ECV procedure. Any thoughts?My baby is still breech and I will be going into my 36th wk next wk, any advice?
Call around your area for a chiropractor that does a special kind of adjustment for pregnant women with breech babies. I am not sure what the adjustment is called but i know there is such a thing. I will ask my daughters chiropractor tonight when we go. it also help with labor being easier. you could possibly google it and search around.





Ok so I just got back from my chiropractor and she said the technique used to be called the Webster Technique but is now called the intrauterine constraint Technique. She also said that there is the chiropractor way of doing this and the medical way. The medical way is painful and leaves bruises. the chiropractic way is gentle. She also said that most pregnant women that get this done their babies turn usually the night that you get the technique done.





Any questions let me know.My baby is still breech and I will be going into my 36th wk next wk, any advice?
the baby might not turn until the day you give birth.
Personally, and I did a lot of research on this before I even got pregnant. I read critiques of ';The Vaginal Breech Birth Trial'; or whatever it was called.





I wouldn't do a c-section for a breech, I would vaginally birth -or at least attempt to. I more than likely would not do an ECV sometimes there is a very good reason why a baby shouldn't come out head first.





I believe that all the methods described in the articles below including acupressure and chiropractic care will not force a baby to turn, but just encourage the stubborn ones.





Sitting on a yoga ball is also helpful.





http://www.mother-care.ca/breech.htm#1


Weeks of Pregnancy % of Breech





28 25%





30 17%





32 11%





34 5%





36 5%





37 - 40 3.7%





from Holistic Midwifery by Anne Frye











http://www.prematureoptimism.com/linkBlo鈥?/a>


Turning a breech baby


Things you can do at home:





* Play music low on your belly


* Put cold high on your belly


* Light low on your belly


* Breech tilts


* Headstands in water


* Meditation


* PulsAtilla (homeopathy)





Other methods:





* Webster鈥檚 technique (Chiropractic Care) -Around 80% effective, chiropractic care has also been shown to shorten labour


* Moxibustion (acupressure with a burning herb)





Baby Is Breech, Now What?


http://www.mother-care.ca/breech.htm





Alternatives for Breech


http://www.midwiferytoday.com/enews/enew鈥?/a>





Prenatal Breech Issues


http://www.gentlebirth.org/archives/bree鈥?/a>





Breech Births


http://www.americanpregnancy.org/labornb鈥?/a>





Other approaches to turning the breech baby


http://www.breechbaby.info/approaches.ht鈥?/a>





All about Babies and Breech Birth


http://parenting.ivillage.com/pregnancy/鈥?/a>





5 Ways to Turn a Breech Baby - Breech Babies


http://pregnancy.about.com/od/breechbabi鈥?/a>





Breech Presentation Fact Sheet


http://www.ican-online.org/resources/whi鈥?/a>
You still have about 4 more weeks. Your baby knows when to turn. They say they can turn the day before your going to have them. My son turned about a week before he was due. Then he was 4 days late. I have heard that the ECV is very painful and doesn't even always work. It can be stressful to both you and the baby and then it's possible to have to have an emergency C-section anyways. It's just my opinion but I would avoid the procedure if at all possible. It may be that your baby is going to come late also.
I was once kidding around with my doctor on how much my child kicked me and I had asked him about lying in a dark room and putting a flashlight to my belly, because the baby can tell if you are in a lighted room or a dark room... Anyways to make a long story short... He told me it was fine to do, that people actually do it and run it down their stomachs to make the baby position right because they try to follow the light.





My boyfriend's sister's first baby was breech one day when she was walking, she felt it flip in position...Did your docotr give you any other suggestions?
I had the ECV with my first at 38 weeks and while it did hurt, she came out just fine vaginally at 41 weeks.





TALK TALK TALK to your doctor about your concerns, etc. Try and weigh out the risks of the ECV to having a c-section, etc.





I wish you well and maybe just maybe that little sweetheart will turn on his/her own!!!
My OB said to take a flat plank (can use an ironing board), prop it against a low table. Then lay on it for 10-15 min with your head down and your legs slanted up along the plank. It will be uncomfortable but you can do it for short periods of time and it really can work.





Also, there is a website www.spinningbabies.com. they have some good techniques.





A baby can turn at the last minute,even during labor. So don't schedule a c-section if at all possible.
see a chiropractor or find someone who does Rebozo
My first was breech but we didn't find out until I was 39 weeks. I went into the hospital the next morning and they tried to manually turn him but he was too big (8lbs 12oz) so I had a c-section. I was scared too. It was my first baby and I had never had any kind of surgery before. Everything worked out great, the baby was healthy, I was fine and even my recovery was not bad. Keep doing your exercizes to try and turn him. If it dosen't work, then let the doctors do what they do best and deliver your baby. It will all be fine, try and relax and tell yourself it will be better for both of you. Good luck and stay strong.
believe it or not there is still time and a chance. My baby #2 was still flipping around up till the end. he ended up flipping the day before my schedualed c section. but everyone is different you just have to wait and see. good luck and hope baby flips for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment