Thursday, August 19, 2010

What is the best piece of spiritual or psychological advice you have ever heard?

Any really profound and pithy quotations would be very welcome. Mine is '; When you build, then they come. ';What is the best piece of spiritual or psychological advice you have ever heard?
if you meditate and do energy work ';religiously'; you will grow up to be significantly healthier and wiser than otherwise ;-)What is the best piece of spiritual or psychological advice you have ever heard?
The only thing that you can change is the here and now. The past is gone; the future has not arrived and will never do so. Be in the here and now. Best wishes.
Karmanye Vadhikaraste Ma Phaleshu Kadachana,


Ma Karma Phala Hetur Bhurmatey Sangostva Akarmani.





It means...Give your best shot/Do your duty/Do what you got to do. Do not get too worried about what the outcome would be.
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. ... The Little Prince
';Live in day-tight compartments.'; Dale Carnegie from How to Stop Worrying and Start Living
Make a list and take things one at a time.
People are different, you know.
never eat yellow snow
Everything, that won't kill you, will make you stronger.
If we are not happy and joyous at this season, for what other season shall we wait and for what other time shall we look ?


'Abdu'l-Bah谩
Know Thyself!
make sure that your hat is well lined with tin-foil
Invicticus





William Ernest Henley





OUT of the night that covers me,


Black as the Pit from pole to pole,


I thank whatever gods may be


For my unconquerable soul.





In the fell clutch of circumstance


I have not winced nor cried aloud.


Under the bludgeonings of chance


My head is bloody, but unbowed.





Beyond this place of wrath and tears


Looms but the Horror of the shade,


And yet the menace of the years


Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.





It matters not how strait the gate,


How charged with punishments the scroll,


I am the master of my fate:


I am the captain of my soul.





Works for me..
';Love one another.';





That's the essence of all spirituality. You could build a whole society on that one statement.
always looking for better than what i got





u know what you know





meat loaf=';sleep-on-it';
God grant me the serenity


to accept the things I cannot change;


courage to change the things I can;


and wisdom to know the difference.





Living one day at a time;


Enjoying one moment at a time;


Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;


Taking, as He did, this sinful world


as it is, not as I would have it;


Trusting that He will make all things right


if I surrender to His Will;


That I may be reasonably happy in this life


and supremely happy with Him


Forever in the next.


Amen.





--Reinhold Niebuhr
To quote Jesus, to love the Lord God with all you heart, mind body and soul and to treat your neighbor as you would yourself.





Both seem to take care of lots of problems, for me anyway
don't worry, be happy!
'Just because I'm 86 years old, and my husband has the Altzheimer's, does not make me exempt from participatin' in society!' - Anonymous African-American woman who made a donation to the Rape Crisis Centre, when I was fundraising for them, Denver, CO, USA, 1985.





'We do not acknowledge the right of this court, to try us in our own Country' - my mother and friends, age 17, facing a British Majistrate for demonstrating against the Raj, 1941.





'I want no part of this Fascist Regime. I would rather be a man without a nationality.' - my father, age 22, throwing his Spanish passport at the Spanish Consul General, in Madrid, upon Genralissimo Franisco Franco's rise to power, 1933.





'They have become Fascists...' - my until-that-moment rabid Zionist father, upon Isra毛l's invasion of Lebanon, 1980.





'I hope, if I grow up that way, I have the courage to tell people, like you did' - my brother, age 11, when I came out as lesbian, at 15, New York City, 1976.





'I shall continue to be an impossible person, so long as those people who are now possible, remain possible' - Jos茅 Maria Parentes, Union Organiser, USA, 1970s, my ex's Chefe.
This quote from Albert Einstein: ';Its not that I'm so much cleverer than the others. Its more that I stay with the problems for longer.';





And the lesson is of course, PERSISTENCE. With persistence you can out-do people who are stonger, faster, cleverer, etc than you are.





Oh yes, and here's another ';Procrastination is the thief of time';.
You have complete control over everything you think, feel and do
';love is work made visible'; Kahlil gibran
';You spend your life waiting for a moment that just won't come. Well, don't waste your life waiting.'; Bruce Springsteen





';When you get to the end of all the light you know and it's time to step into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing that one of two things shall happen: either you will be given something solid to stand on, or you will be taught how to fly.'; Edward Teller
Some weeks ago, before my old man died he once said: '; Life is so expensive for it costs us to be dead... and how equally expensive death is, for it costs us our lives';. No matter how you analize this quote, you will probably end like me, not knowing why both are so expensive and why both are ahead of us...waiting either options to happen.
';God dwells within you as you.'; A quote from; Swami Muktananda Paramahamsa. ';The mind is not for thinking, the mind is for receiving thought.'; Given me from God.
Never make an important decision on one feeling, instead, combine all your instincts to form a conclusive and wise decision. Take chances based on your gut, it is the one thing that tells you when a risk is willing to take or not, its instincts are true in near seconds. In the same aspect, once instinct is derived, you must follow your heart, it is the one thing that will never lie to you. This heart leads into your soul, for it is the one thing that defines you as it knows you best. And finally, use your wisdom of all justly, wisdom of these is the one thing that can make you successful in life鈥檚 endeavors or a failure. Judge such success by that of virtue, love and happiness vice status and money, those are nothing more than perks. Such a task comes at no ease; however if we sit back and take a minute to think through, this system can lead many to the lives we desire. The best of which is when all aspects are applied simultaneously, but if a rash decision must be made, make it on the aspect you trust most at that time and adjust accordingly.
If you dont run then they cant chase you
';Who gets recognised his own Self, he recognises his almighty God';
';I have found it absolutely necessary to believe in Nothing.';
The Lord is my sheepheard with him i shall not want
May your God always be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment