Thursday, August 19, 2010

I am 8 months pregnant and my skin is getting tighter and dry and it really hurt. Any advice?

My tummy area is getting really tight and my skin hurts. IT is also so dry in here. I put all kind of lotions on but it doesn't help me. Anyone has a good solution?I am 8 months pregnant and my skin is getting tighter and dry and it really hurt. Any advice?
I used to grease down my wife with vitamin E and aloe vera. She said it helped.I am 8 months pregnant and my skin is getting tighter and dry and it really hurt. Any advice?
Drink, drink, drink...





Staying hydrated is the best thing you can do right now. Also, applying skin creams (something like eucerin) immediately after the shower whilst your skin is still damp. Doing this while you are still damp from the shower will lock the moisture in and protect your skin from drying out as the water evaporates.
I temporarily experience the same thing, it comes and goes. I'm 39 weeks pregnant. I've been using Vaseline cocoa butter and vaseline gel/oil the combo keeps my skin hydrated all day long. I find that I have to reapply before bed around where my pants and underwear sit on my hips- that's where my skin feels most tight and dry by the end of the day. I hope this helps. Know that you aren't alone! Hang in there!
Nooooo...that was the worst. Drink a lot of water. I was eating ice pops nonstop at your point, and I just tried to move as little as possible. I called myself the beached whale on the couch. Sorry! hang in there. The end is in sight.
Try thicker lotions, like Eucerin or Aquaphor. They will help a little bit. Nothing is going to completely make it stop, so just be sure to keep plenty of lotion on it at all times.
grease it up good...i used bio oil but you can use vit e oil,just as good....i agree with drinking lots of water too...to keep your skin hydrated.....gold bond helped with the itching!
drink more water and try using a baby oil gel.


i've been using johnson and johnson's baby oil gel and it keeps my skin moist until my next shower :)
drink much water %26amp; u can try to put vaseline petroleum jelly instead of the lotion its more effective





best of luck
Baby oil and vasaline :)
i'm 31 weeks 4 days pregnant and i put the petroleum jelly on mine. it works for me

No comments:

Post a Comment