Saturday, August 21, 2010

I turned 18 not to long ago I'm stuck at a dead end job and might not have a home soon, advice?

Have not finished Highschool yet but almost done, thinking about the post office. What are my options, have no other family. I have been optimistic, trying hard, but recent events with family has changed alot of things, I would like some advice if anyone has any.I turned 18 not to long ago I'm stuck at a dead end job and might not have a home soon, advice?
keep ur head up don'tt give up! hae you thought about turning to god? i know you are probably thinkin yeah rite but honestly he has change my life he has given me hope when i had nothing and its like fillin an empty space jesus loves you more than you know!!! if you would like to kno just email me and ask =) god bless youI turned 18 not to long ago I'm stuck at a dead end job and might not have a home soon, advice?
Working for the Postal Service would be ideal in this economy. They offer good pay, good benefits, and a government pension. You do need to finish school though. If you want further education and a job you should consider joining one of the branches of military service. They have many opportunities and are an excellent alternative to someone in your situation. They'll provide you with excellent training (you can actually choose the field), medical services, etc. You can decide to make a career of it and receive an excellent pension after 20 years. Being in, or having served served in, the military also gives you many perks as being an excellent reference and getting preferential treatment when looking for a job afterwards, discounts at stores, restaurants, some travel, hotel, and apartment rates, and getting loans and mortgages. Consider how many applications you have filled out that ask if you have been, or are, in the military.





Before writing off the military, do your research. It is not an automatic ticket to Afghanistan and can be just what you need right now.
Your family won't dump you if you are a good kid,I could be wrong. You need to evaluate your situation with honesty and if you find you are in fault then try to repair that damage you have caused. Post office jobs are casuals position, they are not hiring anymore.
Any government job should bring good benefits. If you are working now and its possible I would start saving money to rent your own place. I would also go and put my application in for the postal job as soon as school is finished. Maybe even go a few weeks before it is out. Good Luck!
Work it all out slow. Talk to anybody you can. maybe they can help. school counselor, friends coaches parents anybody. youll find the help ur looking for

No comments:

Post a Comment