Saturday, August 21, 2010

What tattoo advice would you give an 18 year-old and a first timer?

What do you think are the most important things to consider/do before getting a tattoo? Or what do YOU wish you would've done?What tattoo advice would you give an 18 year-old and a first timer?
Pick a design you love with all your heart.





Avoid trendy designs that are likely to go out of style.





Don't be afraid to go big.





Remember tattoo inspiration can come from anywhere.





Make sure you are happy with the design and placement before the needle touches your skin.What tattoo advice would you give an 18 year-old and a first timer?
Most importantly, what part of the body. I must agree, think of your future job. You might not stereo-type/judge a book by it's cover, but your future employer may. Make sure it's what you want and not what other people think is 'cool'. NEVER get a bf/gf name tattooed on your body.


If you feel like you're over thinking it, wait. You may not be ready, the tattoo shops aren't going anywhere, neither is your skin, so there is no big hurry.


Don't drink alcohol the night before or the day of (makes you bleed more) Make sure you eat and stay hydrated.( I take hard candy with me also) Relax and enjoy. Oh yeah, don't take the one friend that never shuts up....
Think about what you want for a long time. Don't forget to consider where you are putting it, put some consideration of what your long term career. For instance I'm in school to be an elementary teacher so I made sure my tattoo was easily hidden. Also be sure on the size. But mainly make sure it's what YOU want not what others tell you you should get or where you should get it. Its your body so it's your desicion not anyone else's
Hi , I'm 52 yrs old with 3 grown daughters // woman .


They are 18 , 24 ,25 , yrs old . All have Brains %26amp; Beauty .


I will say the same things to you as I say to them .......


# 1 Your tattoo is done with the following reasons !!!!!!


Tell the world what you want to express with this design .


# 2 Make sure this is who you really are , %26amp; what you


want the world to know about you . Just getting something


inked on your body because you think it is pretty or cool is


not at all cool. Your main reason is to express who you are,


The loss of a family member , Your feelings , or love towards


something or someone in your life ... It is about who you are .


Please no lower back or breast tattoo. Quotes , Words ,


Asian , tribal , skulls , demons , ( PRETTY %26amp; CUTE ) are


things to avoid . LOL Richard
You should also consider a less permanent tattoo which uses laser erasable dyes from infinitink in case you later change your mind and want the tattoo removed:





http://www.infinitink.com/consumer/





The laser removal procedure does not leave behind any scared skin tissue.





P.S. I am not an employee of infinitink.





Good luck!
Even if you think you know this, think again:





IT'S FOREVER.








I am not saying not to get inked. Getting my first tat was one of the best days of my life.





Would you be able to show your kids that tattoo, without shame or regret?





Would you be embarrased explaining the tattoo to your future spouse?








Those questions are what my cousin (9 tats) told me to think about before I got mine :]
well, if you are very worried, start with something small and meaningful before you decide to get fully inked. i got many of mine when i was 12 did them myself in the garage. yes they look like crap but every one has meaning to me and i would never be ashamed or try to cover over them! my personal preference is to not have any of them to be able to be seen while im at work
what helped me a lot was being well hydrated and rested before sessions. try not to tense up too much and remember to breathe. i would pick someplace easy to cover thats a bit fleshy (fleshy areas usually dont hurt as much as bony areas).





my personal rule is not to get names of certain people tatted on me. the only names i'll ever have tatted on my are names of my kids and deceased loved ones. those relationships don't change.





oh, and by the time that the tattoo is old and wrinkly, guess what!? you will be too! just age gracefully and stay young at heart!





good luck!
I thought about my tats for two years and designed them myself. I would make sure they have meaning to you. Then pick the right lettering and colors to fit your likes.

No comments:

Post a Comment