Saturday, August 21, 2010

Anyone have any advice to overcome a fear of death?

I know so many people terrified of letting go, it haunts them every day. Sometimes i think about it too. Does anyone have any ideas on how to at least ';accept'; death when it comes. Keep in mind ';saying'; is easier than ';doing';.Anyone have any advice to overcome a fear of death?
I agree with S. Master. Enjoy your life. I kinda have the same problem. I worry more about what will happen to my kids and if they will be o.k. even though they have a dad and family,who will take care of them like I do. But when I start to get overwhelmed with those thoughts, especially at night, for some reason its worse at night, I guess its because night reminds me of death for whatever reason, I start to pray and ask God to please take those thoughts away and make myself think of good things. It's hard, but I do. When God says it's time then it is time. You just have to keep very busy to distract you from that, when its real bad I will even yell out STOP! then focus on something else. Yes it is easier said then done, but you can do it, just have to re-train your mind. Hey a little tip. I read the SECRET. The book really sheds light. It helps me, and whenever I start to think those thoughts I start reading through the pages. Good Luck. Please dont waste your time doing that to yourself! You have a purpose in life and that's not it.Anyone have any advice to overcome a fear of death?
It's not really an overcoming, it's an acceptance. Realize what an irrational fear it is. YOU WILL DIE. I guarantee it. Fearing it makes as much sense as fearing the Sun rising each morning. Accept the inevitability and your fear should evaporate.
I have that same fear...since I was little, though I've gone on about that on here before. Basically, my advice; ignorence is bliss. Avoid the subject, deny that you will die.


Then again, not sure if I should advise that, nor if you should follow it..I've just found it's easier to cope with that way.
I'm not really religious, but i do believe that there is a God and when he plans to take you... It's going to happen! I was in a war and I got letters from friends that told me someone I knew died in a car accident. When it is time to go, your going. Have fun with life, try new things and except we all pass on.
no quick fix. read, study - figure out what your beliefs about about death and the afterlife. Some go the daredevil route via skydiving and such -not my cup of tea. Less fear is better than paralyzing fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment