Saturday, August 21, 2010

Am I the only one who gives advice about not getting back with an ex?

Am I the only one who thinks getting back with an ex is a bad idea? I mean if you are not strong enough to get through what ever, than you won't be strong enough to get through it the next time it comes up.Am I the only one who gives advice about not getting back with an ex?
I agree with to some extent. If a couple breaks up, and the tries to get back together without having had some kind of change in their lives, then it seems like a rather foolish move to get back together. You can't expect get different results without doing something differently.





However, if you and your ex have changed significantly since your breakup it has the potential to work. A good example might be someone you dated in high school, broke up with, and then you decide to contact them several years later after you've both finished college. The maturity level of someone in high school vs. someone who has finish college is huge, hopefully, so getting back together can actually work out better than just meeting someone new.





If there really have been changes in your life that would allow you to have a more mature and trustworthy relationship then it can definitely work out. In my experience, it can actually work out better. I met my gf on the internet as a young kid, and we sort of ';dated'; for several years, but eventually drifted apart because long distance relationships are hard, especially for teenagers. 8 Years later, I wrote her a letter, she wrote me back, and eventually we got back together. We're both older and more mature now, so the relationship is working out great and I will be asking her to marry me soon. It's actually helped our relationship a lot, being apart and then getting back together. We always tell each other that we're never making the same mistake again (of letting each other go). Being given a second chance makes me appreciate her that much more, and I'm not letting her go this time around.Am I the only one who gives advice about not getting back with an ex?
I agree, even though I didnt always. I was with a guy for almost 5 years we split several times and it went no where so for now on no more second chances. There is a reason it did not work out the first time.
most people say its a bad idea
i tend to agree with you. it rarely ever works the second time round. people do grow and change so occasionally it can work but not very often!!~!

No comments:

Post a Comment