Thursday, August 19, 2010

I need advice /steps to closing my inground pool for the winter?

I have an 18x36 in ground pool (this is our first year with a pool.. we bought a house that had one) anyways, can some of you experts please lead me in the right direction of how to successfully close it for the winter. We have return lines running to the pool from the pump that are about 50 to 100 feet from the pool . we have a sand filter pump, 2 ladders, and 3 jets and 1 skimmer. I need some step by step advice please on how /what to do to ensure that the pool will be safe thru the cold winter (we live in Iowa) so we do get ice/snow... I know the water chemistry part and draining below the skimmer--whats next?? Please help!!


ThanksI need advice /steps to closing my inground pool for the winter?
You might want to take a look at the pool closing article and illustrations at http://www.a2dvoices.com/realitycheck/po鈥?/a> to verify that freezing will not affect any of your equipment. Most equipment has drain plugs to prevent equipment damage.





Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment