Saturday, August 21, 2010

I start a new job next week as a Walmart cashier. Do you have any advice?

I'm not to thrilled to be working at Walmart especially as a cashier, but it's the only job so far that has offered me employment. Can you give me any advice? How long do I have to be a cashier before I can transfer to another department? I hate being a cashier.I start a new job next week as a Walmart cashier. Do you have any advice?
Unfortunately there is no guarantee as to you being transferred into another department because that's the job you signed up for. What you could do to help though is be an honest and hardworking individual. For the most part, managers love to see dedicated and hardworking employees. I know you hate but please don't let it show.





It's important that you make yourself available for extra work, work in a timely manner, provide some damn good customer service, show them you can pay attention to detail and that will help them to see you as somewhat of an asset to them to make them want to move you into a better position.





Good luck!I start a new job next week as a Walmart cashier. Do you have any advice?
I am a cashier at walmart and i love it. I really like meeting new people and usually we have a ton of fun goofing around. i really dont know how long you have to be there before you can transfer departments but its not very long because we had some new cashiers that transfered to automotive within weeks of starting. so you wont have to stay there very long just talk to your boss
you can make any job fun by being personable with the people you meet. i worked as a cashier at a coffee shop and it was so much fun because of all the different people i'd meet, things i'd learn...just have fun and make the best of it. ask people questions. give compliments (appropriate ones) and try to make people smile. you'll have a blast and you'll feel better at the end of the day knowing you might have turned someone else's around :)
I want to commend you for taking the job offerred even though it is not your ideal. Too many people hold out for ';the right job';. That will come as you allow it. In addition, as I personally feel that Wal-Mart is a horrible place for anyone to work and has abysmal business ethics, I wanted to share the following.





I would love to share with you what I do from home but I believe it is against the rules for me to post a link or mention the business here.





I help people achieve there goals in areas of health and finances with the hope that those lead to overall personal wellness. The company has been in business and growing for more than 20 years and as such does not actually even require computer access. It was inducted into the Better Business Bureau Hall of Fame in 2005.





Feel free to contact me if this feels right to you. I hope that I have not offended you.





Best of Luck with Everything
Take a copy of your time sheet before you turn it in. Maybe you could use a digital camera.





Rent the movie ';Walmart, the High Cost of Low Price';. I watched it on my cable system ';on demand';
Just don't take anything personal from customers.





Don't stand out as an exceptional cashier and constantly attempt to transfer.
u need to stay there for maybe 3-6 months if its ur first job or just if you want to transfer for a bank cashiering isn't so fun but a job is a job
sabotage.
just work really quick and show u like it and ***** and ***** and ***** till u get moved
Your a braver man than i. I hate the cashier spot.
  • make up
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment