Monday, August 23, 2010

I am interested in pottery and learning how to throw clay and I need some advice on where to start.?

I also checked out some classes in my area and they are about $200 for a six week course, meeting only once a week. This seems a little pricey to me, but that may be because I don't know what I am talking about. Is it worth it to buy a small wheel, but not have a kiln? What is the best way, including financially, for me to go about starting this as a hobby?I am interested in pottery and learning how to throw clay and I need some advice on where to start.?
I'd suggest taking the class. They'll probably have wheels and a kiln available to use, and I'm sure someone there has some ideas on where to get some used equipment for a lower price. Buying a wheel before buying a kiln is a good idea. Wait until you've developed some creative skills before investing in a kiln. Good luck!I am interested in pottery and learning how to throw clay and I need some advice on where to start.?
Nowadays almost any hobbie costs a lot to get started. if it was me I would take the classes before buying any equipment. Everything will be included when you take the class and you will be able to discuss things with instructor about cost quality, etc. You may find the hobbie isn't for you. In our area sometimes art related courses like potting are offered thru Community Ed. You might contact them if you have Comm Ed in your area. Usually pretty inexpensive costs.

No comments:

Post a Comment