Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Where can I find a published author with nothing better to do than offer me advice on my writing?

I am writing a novel, and I need somebody to consult. Must be a random act of kindness though, as I don't pay!Where can I find a published author with nothing better to do than offer me advice on my writing?
My scheduled book release is next month. Cover design has been approved and it is in production now. What is your question?Where can I find a published author with nothing better to do than offer me advice on my writing?
*waves*





I'm a published author in poetry. I've also been a novelist for seven years (not published with novels, though, because I'm trying to strategize in order to get my book in with a good company!), so I probably have experience enough to help you out. I'm currently working on my second novel (fifth if you count three projects I haven't quite finished) right now, though, so it can't be anything too time consuming. As in I'm not going to sit down and beta-read or critique your entire manuscript anytime soon. But if you mean being pen pals and you asking me questions or giving me samples to critique, I'd be delighted to help!
There are lots of authors out there willing to help beginning writers. Libraries in any given city often have writers-in-residence that are there exactly for that purpose. Start asking around, too; you'll be surprised what kind of connections you can find - you never know who might know an author. Most cities and provinces/states have writers' guilds or groups. You could try contacting them to see if they can help you. Even looking on forums such as this one or other writing forums can help you find someone. Writers are people too! In my experience, I've found authors happy to talk about their craft and help out new writers.
I am a fifteen year old writer and have had three publishers ask me to work with them and allow them to print my work. However they rescinded their offer when they heard I was a minor. I am not published, but I have successfully located a publisher and am getting published this upcoming year! If that counts... You can contact me from my bio page! I accept emails and IM's alike and am willing to look over your work for you and give you tips. I am not super experienced, but I have successfully survived the writing market, and agent Chaos...





feel free to call upon me at any time you need me... Though you must give me two to three weeks to respond... (I usually respond within a week) I wish the best of luck to you... Feel free to contact me VIA email or IM (preferably email)





P.S. I am on a publishing tour, and am crazily busy right now... but in two days things will definitely die down





Caitlyn
I doubt you'll find a published author that will actually take the time out to help us aspiring authors, but hopefully there are. :]





If I were you, I'd probably just ask a really good writer to ';Beta'; for you. They can help you with it, too, of course. But even they might not want to spend their time doing acts of kindness. Some are rude.


I do hope you find a published author to help you, though. I'd love to have a FRIEND that was a published author...
Along with Alaric41 I'll offer any advice I can. I don't write novels, but I've had quite a few short stories published, a few stage plays produced, and one of screenplays is being represented by a literary agent. You can reach me by clicking on my avatar.
  • makeup base
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment