Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Advice for feeling normal while dealing with hypoglycemia?

My doctor recently diagnosed me with hypoglycemia. I have a number of other health problems including chronic tension headaches, ovarian cysts, and IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome).





Generally I feel nauseous and dizzy/lightheaded unless I eat pretty much every 2 hours or so. I guess I just can't figure out how to eat because I feel pretty horrible most of the time. How can I deal with this?Advice for feeling normal while dealing with hypoglycemia?
i have hypoglcymia and i always carry water and snacks in my purse. eat a lot of protein in the morning for breakfast, like sausages, not only do they taste awesome but they're filled with TONS of protein. and i find myself in a better mood when i eat them for some weird reasonAdvice for feeling normal while dealing with hypoglycemia?
It depends on the amount of sugar and carbohydrates in the cereal ur eating so I can't really say. :/ But I drink OJ sometimes and i watch the amount I take in. You dont wanna drink too much because it'll make ur glucose get too high and crash so keep it to about 1 cup

Report Abuse



Instead of sausages you could cook sum eggs (not scrambled) and eat the egg whites. Those are also filled with tons of protein

Report Abuse



you need to put something substantial in your body. when you snack eat something that will stick with you like a bologna sandwich.
i know someone who has hypoglycemia and she just keeps snacks in her purse and eats when she needs to. You should be able to lead a very normal life, just know when you need to have a snack.


hope that helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment