Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Anyone have any advice for how to handle a panic attack?

I panicked about something today and it was so debilitating. I know it sounds weird, but I got so worried that all I could do was pace around the house.....I couldn't sit still and do anything. Anyone ever had this happen and if so, what do you recommend doing when this happens?Anyone have any advice for how to handle a panic attack?
I get those a lot. I take deep breaths and find something productive to do, or I jog around the neighborhood. It always works for me.Anyone have any advice for how to handle a panic attack?
Yup, when you feel that happening..


Think to yourself.. This is not a big deal , this is not a big deal , panicking about it is stupid... Take some deep breaths , listen to music and relax..
While there can be a medical reason for it many times it is ourselves that drive ourselves that way, we stress or have stress for many reasons and here in the good Ole USA most of us carry boat loads of debts that we know we can't really pay and we never can get ahead, knowing this in the subconscious we deny it outright, since we don't know what you were worried about I took a shot at one of the most common causes, stress, stress, stress, keep this in mind, if there's absolutely nothing you can do about the problem then why stress for something you cannot do anything or change the outcome to. If it is something you can fix then do what you can piece by piece and try not to tackle the whole beast in one swoop, one thousand little cuts will kill as well as one bigger cut, takes just a bit longer but it will happen.


In the mean time try drinking at the start of your day a cup of fresh brewed Manzanilla Chamomile tea, check it out online it works to calm most people down, tea is much more then people think.
if your panic took the form of obsessing about the item and you couldn't react to anything else, the only answer i might have would be to physically remove yourself from the location. sounds easy, but sometimes really helps to get outside and enjoy some sun. another simple option would also be valerian root to help the mind and body disconnect from the event a bit. it helps the stomach relax a bit without resorting to anything drastic.
talk your way out of it, its a mental door you must pass thru again..its all in the mind.


its a fight withyourself that you can win, without drugs.
count backwards, slowly, from 100-1





this takes your attention off the panic attack and centers you...it hasn't failed for me yet!
I faced these head on in my early twenties and eventually I overcame my fear, try to relax and think what could really happen? Sometimes I'd give myself a light pinch to focus.





This may not work for you, in which case you may have to see a doctor.
i am extremely high strung and i feel the need to control every situation and if anything gets out of control, I do panic and pace and feel completely out of control and helpless and stressed. I understand. Here is what i do: I know you can't control every situation but controlling what you can about your own life will help. learn what triggers your panic attacks and try to control the situation around you to prevent that or learn how to remove yourself from that situation. If you can't help this: stop, breathe, realize that you can't control everything. Ask yourself what you can do to help this situation and make yourself feel better. My big triggers were always running out of money. So i learned to not impulse shop so much and budget my money better so that I would not find myself short in my account. Sometimes the simplest little things can make you feel so much better in the long run. Also: exercise helps me tremendously. If i feel antsy, I run my *** off on the treadmill. That helps take the butterflies out of my gut and it's me time so i can clear my mind and think straight. most importantly, address what triggers your panic attacks and figure out a way to prevent it or work through it when it happens.
PANIC IS NOTHING BUT A SELF MADE PROBLEM. NEVER RESPONSE TO PANIC SITUATION. JUST LEAVE IT AT HIS OWN.


TRY TO UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS NOT UR PROBLEM TO SOLVE THIS, FORGET IT AND WILL DISAPPEAR ITSELF.





IN ANOTHER CASE U MUST HAVE STRONG NERVOUS SYSTEM AND YOU DEAL WITH IT SUCCESSFULLY.
I have had panic attacks before, mostly related to a phobia I have, but they are more severe. I have to keep my head down or I will faint; it feels like i cant breathe and I get very hot and sweat and my heart is racing....





Unfortunately there is no simple cure for this situation; if this occurs often a doctor can prescribe medication but this is serious stuff and should not be used for once in awhile anxiety; its for panic disorder which has to be diagnosed...





some things that help me are chamomile tea, listening to music and while the anxiety attack is happening, keeping your head down and looking at the floor. You can also try breathing slowly and exhaling to the count of 4, its called square breathing. There are herbs that can help as well but again be careful, they are almost like medication, ask someone who knows what theya re talking about. Valerin, passion flower, and kava are some of the many herbs that promotes anti-anxiety, st.johns wart is known for anti-depression. These all have a sleep inducing quality to them; you should get looks of rest and take a multi-vitamin and eat healthy.
Breath deeply, listen to music, do anything to get your mind off of it, if you really feel bad you can breath into a paper bag or go to bed and curl up.
Yeah that has happened to me before. I find that breathing excercises are the best. Concentrate on a breathing pattern and 'meditate' if you can to bring your heart rate down. As soon as you are stable make a quick plan on a piece of paper that will allow you to deal with your problem. Even if the plan isn't great, you can refine it later but get some sort of action plan in place so that you can concentrate on it.
i don't know if you had a real panic attack. If you did the thing to remember is that it is not harmful and will pass. There is nothing to do for it but accept it and it will end itself. The more you get worked up the longer it will last. Anyone can panic, just put them in front of a firing squad. It is part of human nature that you don't want to fear or make a habit out of.
Well if it is fear a thing that i read in a book said ';the only thing that drives fear is fear itself'; hope i helped and if you have anger management you need to ';just let it be';
do a max set of pushups, then take a cold shower.





It sounds really wierd, but just try it.
All I can say is take a break sit back and do something you enjoy its the only way to get over panic attacks. I used to get them bad then I just decided to tell everyone to leave me alone for a while and I sat back and did everything I like to do.


Trustme no medication can cure it take a break and talk to people about what is worrying you even if theydon't want to listen to you. Just find someone that will. And take it easy
i found the best way is to lay on a couch empty your mind and just take long deep breaths and just relax
Sometimes going for a walk or jog will help get rid of that restless energy. Talking to friends helps too I find. And keep telling yourself that you'll be fine, the feeling will go away soon and you will be ok. My friend has panic attacks alot, and I always just talk calmly to her, or maybe tell her a little story to help take her mind off of it and calm her down.


Feel better!
Try thinking about something else... and take deep breaths. It might not work though. If not and these attacks keep happening and you are concerned I would make an appointment with your doctor. You might need a way to deal with these attacks other than natural methods.





I had them... I medicated for a long while. I am no longer on medication but I still have them... just not as bad. I will think about something else or I will go to the nearest window or door and take nice deep breaths of some fresh air... it calms me down some without making me a zombie!
i have had one of those lyk twice. i actually had to go to the ambulance station. i felt lyk real nervous at 1st, then felt lyk i couldnt breath. then i was freaking out because i couldnt get enough air in (i thought) but they told me to calm down and breath in through my nose hold it for a few secs and breath out of my mouth.


it works.


it it gets to bad then i suggest you get medicine. It will help:]
Do whatever you can to confront the thing that is stressing you out. For example, if it's your grades, do homework. If it's unemployment, type up a resume. (These are just examples.) If you can't do anything about whatever is stressing you out right now for whatever reason, make a list of things you can do in the future (tomorrow, for instance). Then do something for yourself (take a bath, drink some chamomile tea, etc.) and tell yourself that you've done all you can do today about your problem.
I have extremely RANDOM panic attacks. They occur in very random situtations and at random times. There is no consistency to them at all. I feel as if I am not breathing correctly and/or my heart is racing, and a lot of times I feel very unstable. Really, it just feels like something is not right. And the more I think about it as it is happening, the worse the feeling(s) get. I just try and think of something else, talk to someone, do something that I ROUTINELY do, just to get my mind going on something else. Sometimes it's quite hard to do...but it works eventually. TIME is all that really ';heals'; my panic attacks.
Do deep breathing exercises.





http://www.realage.com/research_library/鈥?/a>
  • makeup base
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment