Tuesday, November 22, 2011

This may sound stupid, but I need advice. Insecurities about bad writing forces me to not want to write?

I prefer writing by hand becuase it just feels right. By computer, there isn't that closeness or personal feel to it like long hand does. But here is this thing my hand writing is horrible. It doesn't usually worry me, but when writing, I just don't feel like writing anymore when I see my own handwriting = ( Advice?This may sound stupid, but I need advice. Insecurities about bad writing forces me to not want to write?
Look at it this way. You love to write with pen and paper but loathe to write at the keyboard because it seems lacking a personal feel. The answer is to ignore how bad your handwriting is as long as you can read and understand it. Because it's going to have to be typed up anyway because nowhere is going to accept handwritten manuscripts my friend. So just enjoywriting by hand and let that magic flow!This may sound stupid, but I need advice. Insecurities about bad writing forces me to not want to write?
Then don't write.





I'm afraid this really does sound like making excuses. You can't write because of your handwriting, but you can't write on a computer either? Pick one and live with it. Writing isn't easy. It isn't supposed to be easy. If you enjoy it, then write. If you don't, stop.





In any case, you surely don't expect anyone else to see your first drafts? It doesn't matter in the slightest how bad your handwriting is if nobody else is ever going to see it, does it?
Write what you feel, then type it into a computer and save it. Repeat until story is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment